Lewiston Porter High School to host Career Expo
- February 1, 2023 at 11:22 AM
- by Jennifer Pauly
Lewiston-Porter High School, Youngstown, NY – Lewiston-Porter High School is calling for participants for its first annual Career Expo on Wednesday, March 22, 2023 from 1:15 – 2:40 p.m.
An important objective of the high school Business Education Department is to provide students with real-world exposure to college and career opportunities available after graduation. The mandatory high school course, Career & Financial Management, is a valuable first step in introducing students to the world of work. But now, through this event, students from 9th through 12th grade will have an opportunity to speak one-on-one with individuals in a variety of occupations and career pathways in the hopes of sparking an interest or answering questions regarding a budding career choice.
Lewiston-Porter is looking for volunteers to participate in the following areas:
- Individuals from any career background, currently working or retired, who are interested in talking to students about their work experiences,
- Trade workers or organizations who can discuss the benefits of skills-based training and occupations,
- Military personnel who can talk with students about the process of joining the U.S. armed services, and
- College representatives who would like to present their institutions’ academic offerings to students.
Participants will man stations in the gymnasium with other professionals in a similar career area. Students will move from station to station to ask questions, listen to career stories, and learn from current and former professionals in the field.
Interested individuals should go to the Career Expo page on Lew-Port’s website and click on the “Register Now” button to sign-up. Registrants will receive additional information via email closer to the event.
For additional information, please contact Nicole Alonzo, Business Teacher, at